One of my favourite/most visited eCommerce websites used to have this feature and I thought it was the ducks nuts because I knew that if I completed the order before that time, I had a rough idea when someone would knock on the door with the delivery. I thought this was an awesome idea so I created a version for WooCommerce.
Download Shipping Countdown For WooCommerce
This plugin is available from WordPress.org, download – Shipping Countdown For WooCommerce.
Why a Shipping Countdown?
For two main reasons really:
- It educates your site visitor when the next shipping of goods will happen and,
- It creates a level of urgency to checkout and complete the order so they can receive the order as soon as possible.
Shipping Countdown Features
- Minimal styling so it inherits from your theme or allows you to style easily without overriding a bunch of plugin styles.
- Set everything up from within the Customizer, under WooCommerce.
- Set the shipping countdown title/heading, you could make this a message like, “We can ship this item in….” etc.
- Set a time that you want to countdown to for shipping.
- Select a day, or days that you ship.
- Select a location to show the shipping countdown on the product page, current options include:
- After product heading
- After product price
- After short description
- After add to cart
Hope you like it!