A lot of the eCommerce websites I visit seem to have a way of showing product features, for example, I am looking for a new snowboarding jacket and they will always list things like, “Waterproof zips” as a product feature with a little image, but how do you do this with WooCommerce?
Well after a client also asked to have the same ability on their eCommerce website, I decided to build the plugin and finally have released in into the WordPress plugin repo. Go check it out.
Download Product Features for WooCommerce
This plugin is available from WordPress.org, download – Product Features for WooCommerce.
Want More Details on Product Features for WooCommerce?
You got it!
I decided the requirements needed to be:
- Site admin can create as many product features as needed.
- One product feature should be able to be assigned to many products.
- A product feature should have an image to display that can be uploaded by the site admin.
- A product feature should have a text area that displays when the product feature is hovered over (I know, this is not helpful on mobile as there is no hover state).
- On a product, the site admin should be able to select a product feature easily from a list of product features that have already been created.
- The site admin should have an option to decide at a global level where the product features are displayed
I also needed to keep this plugin low on features and style as I wanted it to be easily extendable at a later date from the feedback I get from the users (hopefully I get users).